LÆS ADVARSEL TIL HØJRE

søndag den 21. juni 2020

February worded


February
14th june
Loads of learning and expansion in ways of relating to others and myself.
Sexually I was challenged, feeling attraction to people in my community and a big desire to be touched and share physical intimacy. Being here though, with all the many different aspects of community living -  sharing space, having limited privacy, learning and working together, time for personal growth – it seemed unwise to start sexual relationships and putting energy into sex when so much else is much more exciting and beneficial for myself and others. I really appreciated having Mateo to share this with, exploring this conversation allowed that energy to flow and opened up possibilities to direct it to something else and to other opportunities to meet those needs. Mateo shared the erotic book that he found and on the morning of 14th of February I had to bring out my matress to dry because I had successfully enjoyed an orgasm without using any vibrator. It was truly empowering and fucking awesome.

A deep appreciation of this well-structured app-program, of how much thought and consideration that has been put into a genuine desire to successfully inspire, educate and empower people, continues to be felt each day, but it stood out for the first time on my One-on-one with Timo. A space to share thoughts and stories, ideas on how Rancho can improve our experience here and time to get to know one another. Really admired the way that Timo communicated his and the coreteam’s request of me not being topless, just one of the many moments where Timo makes me reflect on the “art of compromise”. I could recognize his desire to be respectful of the established culture where he is a newcomer and of the absurdity of sexualizing a female’s breast, and the self-awareness of knowing his own boundaries to stress.

The gratitude and awe was very overwhelming and I found myself questioning my own worthiness of such amazing place and people, just like when I got the spot last year. It was very special sharing this with Mateo as well; how we don’t expect the best things of life to become reality; that those things don’t come easily or we hope for them to happen but find it naïve to believe that it actually will. That combined with my insecurities and desire to be likeable, made me feel super intimidated by the core team. Especially Timo, who is by all the people I’ve ever communicated with probably the most difficult person to read, and at the same time the one who seems to me like the most wise, kind, compassionate, thoughtful, intelligent and much more person I’ve ever met. I respect and admire him, and his impression of me felt meaningful.

It became important to me to be part of a harmonious community. I recognized how much energy the core team use on being social, managing people, employees, guests, students, apps, and all their areas around the Ranch, how many times they had to answer the same questions with new people coming in and out all the time. So to balance my reliance on them, I would ask myself before asking them what will I do with this information? Why am I asking this/Can I figure it out on my own? Finding a balance between asking for needed help and to just simply be informed.

During the time with the Arie students here I really improved my ultimate frisbee game, and also began to embrace my youthfulness, with all its insecurities, lack of wisdom and fuck-ups. Finding peace in all of it, while still aspiring to become as wise as Timo and loving as Danni, I was enjoying the experience to become that. Shared a beautiful evening with the best of the Arie guys under the stars, and as all of us opened our hearts we discovered how much we were alike. Their perception of me, was exactly how I wanted to be perceived, super confident and ‘I got it all figured out’-kinda person, and as I shared my insecurities and fears that bubble popped, and it was a warming affirmation, for all of us I think, that the human experience is pretty much the same, just with different stories.

My relationship to nature grew every day, surrounded by jungle throughout the whole day, so many sounds and sights of birds, animals, insects and plants. I remember picking up Hope For The Flowers, mainly because it caught my eye with its yellow cover, but it was my desire to know more about nature and understand how others relate and how they pass that on to children that made me read that book. And that serendipitous moment when Al (who I felt big attraction too) is a good friend of the author and wrote a song for the book, you know it just felt like another moment where life is singing for me, “you go girl!” -  along with that night where we went to the river at night to listen to frogs.
Felt so blessed to for the group, how I could share so much with such different and unique personalities, and how well we all worked together. We were all motivating each other to grow in skills and knowledge, as well as more loving and happy people, I remember during our first meetings how Anthony shared his request for us to be more considerate of how we conversate, and invited us to listen more actively and reminding us that its more important to listen than to respond . I could see myself in one’s ways of practicality and spirituality; in one’s sillines and sexuality; with one energetically and sensitivity; in one’s straight-forwardness and organized’ness; in one’s philosophical, observative, calm and groovy vibe; and a last one’s light and rhythmic energy. My community contribution skill was wood, and I cherish those mornings in the beginning where we would all sit in by the main house hammocks reading in the soft morning light, with the water flowing from the humidity and our coffee mugs.

I felt more confident in holding space for healing, sharing my massage with Mateo, Anthony, Robin and Amanda from the Natural Building course. Connecting with Amanda strengthened my belief of the universe as not separate from people, and life as magical – receiving her reiki healing was truly healing. Drawing + missing phil

Personally
  • -          Follow through in every task
  • -          Be true to you
  • -          Self-affirmation
  • -          Spanish; count 1-30; verbs –ar,-er, ir; Smells wonderfull = rico
  • -          Ask for blessing rather than forgiveness
  • -          Enjoy the messy, confused, insecurities of youth – all through life


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar